Discussion: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 22  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 16 2009, 1:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 16 2009, 1:05 PM EDT
I am wondering what the 'G' stands for? 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Prof_DiNardo
Prof_DiNardo
1. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 17 2009, 7:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 17 2009, 7:56 PM EDT
My possibility list is getting pretty long. Here are my top 10.
10. Gail (Female spelling, so can you blame him for going by Callen?)
9. Greg
8. Giovanni (Italian mother maybe?)
7. George
6. Gregor (Russian mother maybe? It would explain his fluency.)
5. Guy
4. Giles
3. Gerald
2. Grant
1. Galen (Can you imagine a name like Galen Callen?) but the NCIS PTB just might be that sadistic.
6  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
2. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 18 2009, 9:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 9:33 AM EDT
"My possibility list is getting pretty long. Here are my top 10.
10. Gail (Female spelling, so can you blame him for going by Callen?)
9. Greg
8. Giovanni (Italian mother maybe?)
7. George
6. Gregor (Russian mother maybe? It would explain his fluency.)
5. Guy
4. Giles
3. Gerald
2. Grant
1. Galen (Can you imagine a name like Galen Callen?) but the NCIS PTB just might be that sadistic."
Possibly something along the same lines of JETHRO LEROY...LEROY JETHRO...lol..YES NCIS writers can give someone a name like Jethro and Leroyt5hen it is probably a nutty name.
I figure G
Geoff
Gary
Greg
Gale
Gene
Gregor is a good one
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
jareaufan
jareaufan
3. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 18 2009, 3:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 3:39 PM EDT
I think it's more like a placeholder because he doesn't know his real name. 14  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
4. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 20 2009, 9:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2009, 9:45 PM EDT
"I think it's more like a placeholder because he doesn't know his real name."
THAT is GOOD! I can already see an entire episode on that! Not in a lame way but his parents in action with CIA or something..he gets flashbacks of 'someone" who killed his parents...loses his memory and 'something' triggers it..then he is out hunting the "man with the big scar on the left side of his face...to get revenge...Call the episode "thunderstruck' and you can AC/DC in the background as G and Sam go busting down doors and taking the bad guys down...

SORRY...too too much Mountain Dews this evening...LOL
PS
wonder if the writers look on WETPAINT sites and get crazy ideas from the fans for stories?????....LOL...LOL
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

cassierules
5. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 21 2009, 2:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2009, 2:56 PM EDT
"THAT is GOOD! I can already see an entire episode on that! Not in a lame way but his parents in action with CIA or something..he gets flashbacks of 'someone" who killed his parents...loses his memory and 'something' triggers it..then he is out hunting the "man with the big scar on the left side of his face...to get revenge...Call the episode "thunderstruck' and you can AC/DC in the background as G and Sam go busting down doors and taking the bad guys down...

SORRY...too too much Mountain Dews this evening...LOL
PS
wonder if the writers look on WETPAINT sites and get crazy ideas from the fans for stories?????....LOL...LOL"
It would certainly explain where they got the idea for Ziva air guitaring. I swear, i loved the fanfic that was in!

Well, it's completely possible his name isn't even "Callen" to begin with...
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
6. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 21 2009, 4:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2009, 4:14 PM EDT
"It would certainly explain where they got the idea for Ziva air guitaring. I swear, i loved the fanfic that was in!

Well, it's completely possible his name isn't even "Callen" to begin with..."
Hey that is good too! I love the fan fic there are a lot of potentially good writers out there in the world...I am hunting song writers right now myself..
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Prof_DiNardo
Prof_DiNardo
7. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 21 2009, 7:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
"Hey that is good too! I love the fan fic there are a lot of potentially good writers out there in the world...I am hunting song writers right now myself.."
Okay...got my next fan fic idea forming. It might have to wait a while because I haven't even posted the first one yet, which I hope to finish writing tonight or early tomorrow and post BEFORE the premieres. Might even have to wait until after the Tony fan fic I'm working on because the whole 'not who he says he is' thing figures heavily in it. It may take me a while to figure out how to do it without sounding too much like the Tony fic.

I will, of course, be open to suggestions and give credit where it is due. :)
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
8. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 22 2009, 4:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 22 2009, 4:32 PM EDT
"I think it's more like a placeholder because he doesn't know his real name."
Loved the part where Hetty asked G what G stood for and he said he did not know....I definatly see a future episode in the workd on G and his true identity
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

windykat
9. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 25 2009, 7:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2009, 7:35 AM EDT
"Loved the part where Hetty asked G what G stood for and he said he did not know....I definatly see a future episode in the workd on G and his true identity"
I suspect this may be an ongoing story arc that may finally end in learning it. But it may be like a boat in the basement....a mystery to be pondered.

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

realcbsfan
10. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
May 9 2010, 4:24 AM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2010, 4:24 AM EDT
G stands for "Gibbs" who as it will turn out..... is his real father. 2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

windykat
11. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
May 9 2010, 6:52 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
Yes, there are people from the show who regularly review the various wikis and sites.

Galen, Gabriel, Gaius, Griffin, Gandalf (old Teutonic), Garrett, Garfield, Garron, Gavin, Gaylord, Georg, Gerard, Gerald, Gilbert, Glyndon, Gorran, Greg, Gunnar, Gunther, Guillame, Gwilym.

I'm sure SB has some rather unusual name in mind which will be dangled in front of us for seasons to come.
think1959
think1959
12. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
May 11 2010, 7:05 AM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2010, 7:05 AM EDT
If anyone remembers McGyver they showed his first name on the last show. It was something everyone wanted to know for the whole run of the show.
Mr. B may be working with the same idea.
North_of_Border
North_of_Border
13. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
May 31 2010, 4:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Howdy!

Yeah I remember McGyver. LOL

I like all the suggestions. I don't know why but When I started to think about what G stood for the first thing that popped into my head is Grayson.

Grayson Callen. I have no idea where that came from. LOL
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
jareaufan
jareaufan
14. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Jun 4 2010, 5:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Batman. Robin's real name is Dick Grayson, and Chris O'Donnell was Robin in a few Batman movies. :) 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
North_of_Border
North_of_Border
15. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Jun 5 2010, 4:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Yup. You're right. I found that out a few days after I posted. I thought of googling Grayson and out came Robin. LOL! I liked the series with Adam West as a little one and I gues the name stuck in my subconcious. I did see the movie with Chris too.

Well I still like the name.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
TXJ
TXJ
16. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Aug 29 2010, 4:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
I waited a season so now I'll post.
If it really is a first initial, then my guess will be Gavin.
But I'm starting to get on board with the 'last name mix up', and would like throw Gibbs into the ring.

I also have a theory, as this show spawned from the episode titled 'Legend' that G stands for the 'G' in LEGEND and there are five others out there like him with no past, no family, no real identity.
Do you find this valuable?    

mattman2900
17. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Sep 30 2010, 10:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
"G stands for "Gibbs" who as it will turn out..... is his real father."
Well, it would have to be a deeper darker secret than before since there's been no mention of Gibbs having a son, and that his wife and daughter were killed.

A special Agent to not have a first name, his parents or guardian would have to have high security clearance in the Military or government or maybe they used G to protect Callen's well-being during childhood.

I like the Gibbs-father scenario, but to me that would be a cop out for Brennan who could do much better.

I still think Gethro could work, maybe named after someone that was close with Gibbs like Callen's real parents knew Gibbs, or something along those lines. Short of that I don't see the Gibbs-father thing working... at least not unless it borders on the realm of science fiction.

Grayson would be funny but that's all it would be is a cheap laugh, and it's stupid to do that just for that's sake. If Brennan can find a cleverly funny way for his name to be Grayson and if anyone can do it, Brennan and his writers can, but I'd prefer something more in depth and complex than a Batman Reference.. not that Batman isn't complex :D

So I think Callen's name is one of three possibles: Maybe it means nothing, and he has no first name - it was just a place holder, maybe he was 7th in line at the foster home and G is the seventh letter of the alphabet. Second, maybe it stands for Gethro - named for someone who Gibbs was close to. Third Maybe it stands for Gunny. Fourth it stands for Greg. Why Greg? Well, Greg is a nickname for Gregory which means "Watchful" and "Alert" This is my guess. A OSP Special Agent needs to be watchful and alert! :)
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
TXJ
TXJ
18. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Oct 1 2010, 12:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2010, 12:57 AM EDT
Save isn't it spelled Jethro? I do agree with how a lot of these ideas would be simple cheap solutions and disappoint, but they are still entertaining all the same.

Ok, so a new 'conspiracy theory' name.

Say G is just a place holder of sorts. It stands for Ghost (what the OSP agents often refer to themselves as). He was born and raised for this purpose. Maybe his parents were military (spies?) and chose their careers over having a family. The passenger in the car looked to have 'bushy hair' to me, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess female, so maybe his mom, maybe she couldn't completely let her baby go.

In the end I think we'll still get the same lesson, the name doesn't make the man, and who you are isn't about where you were born or who your parents are but what you choose to do with your life.
Or some other deep meaningful mumbo-jumbo.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Nikabo82
19. RE: What does the G stand for (Re: G Callen)?
Nov 12 2010, 10:06 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2010, 10:06 PM EST
I don't think that the G really stands for a name...maybe more of a titel. I can't come up with a name that would fit him. We know that Callen is his last name, because of his sister. But maybe that bag is noch really Callens, but his fathers or mothers and everybody assumes that it's his. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)